Kick your cravings to the kerb with these tasty coconut protein balls! Packed with all the nutritional goodness you need to keep on top of your training goals, these protein balls are the perfect alternative to your afternoon snack.
- 2 scoops Matrix Whey Protein – Vanilla flavour
- 525g pitted dates
- 150g almonds
- 120ml water
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 40g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g desiccated coco
- Blend the almonds until a coarse flour, then add the dates, water. Blend until combined, scraping the sides if necessary.
- Add the protein powder and cacao powder, and blitz until combined, again scraping the sides of the blender to combine fully if necessary.
- On a plate, spread out the desiccated coconut. Form the 27 balls from the protein mix, rolling in the coconut until all the balls are covered.
- Freeze for an hour to firm up, then serve.
- Calories: 108
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbs: 16g
Lead image: Adam Calaitzis via Getty Images.