Looking for a healthier alternative to your go-to snack? Check out these scrumptious peanut butter flapjacks! Packed full with Matrix Peanut Butter, and using healthier ingredients, these will be the perfect way to treat yourself without ruining all those carefully cultivated gains.
- 200g jumbo rolled oats
- 175g Matrix Peanut Butter
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g dark chocolate
- 70g honey
- 25g coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175℃/155℃ fan/gas mark 3. Line a 8”x8” baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the oats, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl, and set to one side.
- In a bowl suitable for use in the microwave, combine the honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract and Matrix Peanut Butter, then blitz in the microwave for roughly 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir well to ensure the ingredients fully combine. Add the semi-skimmed milk, and mix again.
- Combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients, ensuring to mix them together thoroughly. Transfer the flapjack mixture to the prepared baking tin, and use a rubber spatula to flatten.
- Bake in the oven for between 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for around 10 minutes, leaving the flapjacks in the tin.
- While you’re waiting for the flapjacks to cool, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave. Break it up into smaller pieces and place in a microwave-friendly bowl, then blitz for 20-second intervals until the chocolate is melted. It’s important to do it in small doses so as to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the now cooled flapjacks. Use your rubber spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the surface of the flapjacks if needed.
- Firm up the flapjacks in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate has set. This should take roughly an hour or two, but may need longer depending on the thickness of the chocolate. Once set, remove from the fridge or freezer and slice into 16 evenly sized flapjacks. Tuck in and enjoy!
- 172 Calories
- 5g Protein
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 15g
Lead image: merc67 via Getty Images.